Wake up with this matcha smoothie that fuels and satiates with fiber-rich oats!
A nutrient-packed smoothie is perfect whether you need to fuel a busy morning or get through an afternoon slump. Smoothies are not only quick and convenient, but they’re also an easy way to fit different macro and micronutrients into one drink. This breakfast drink is especially refreshing on warm days.
A few of the benefits this homemade smoothie has to offer include:
- It contains a potassium-rich ripe banana to sweeten. A ripe banana contains all of the sweet flavor you need in a smoothie without any processed sugar or syrup.
- Fiber packed oats to help support healthy blood sugar and keep you full. Oats aren’t just for cooking with, they can be added to smoothies or ground into flour for baking.
- Antioxidant-rich matcha tea for immune support and jitter-free caffeine. Matcha tea supports mental clarity and focus with l-theanine, an amino acid that helps create relaxed alertness. The grassy notes of green tea are balanced by sweet, ripe banana and creamy almond milk for an awakening breakfast that satisfies.
- Flaxseed for heart-healthy omega-3 fats. Chia seeds can also be added for healthy fat.
- Unsweetened almond milk for sugar and dairy-free creamy texture. Unsweetened coconut, hemp or oat milk can also be used.
Tip: add a scoop of organic protein powder or collagen peptides for a dose of protein.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 extra ripe banana frozen
- 1 sachet Pique Sun Goddess Matcha
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp flaxseed
Combine Sun Goddess Matcha and other ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy cold.