This dairy-free smoothie is blended with vitalizing hibiscus tea for a refreshing and filling drink.
No need to purchase packaged smoothies that often come with a hefty price tag and high sugar content. Full of fresh fruit, coconut milk yogurt and hibiscus tea, this smoothie trumps store-bought without any added sugar! By using frozen very ripe banana, it blends into a thick and creamy smoothie with just the right amount of sweetness that never gets watered down by ice! Not only is this a great drink to curb midday hunger at work, but the kids will love it too! It can be packed in an insulated lunchbox, for a satisfying lunchtime drink!
Tart and refreshing hibiscus tea is excellent for sneaking into smoothies, adding berry flavor and vitalizing antioxidants. This variety of tea is caffeine-free, so it won’t cause jitters, but instead invigorate with a hint of mint and sweet licorice bites.
Fresh strawberries supply a dose of vitamin-c and antioxidants that can protect against cell damage. Strawberries also add fruity flavor to the smoothie that kids will enjoy, without adding artificial flavors. Coconut yogurt adds a dose of gut-boosting probiotics that help keep bad bacteria in check without dairy. Coconut yogurt can be found in most grocery stores near the traditional yogurt. Look for a plain variety without added sugar. Almond milk yogurt can also be used.
- Prep smoothie a day ahead to have ready to pack the following day. Store in refrigerator.
- Enjoy on the go for a filling serving of fiber and protein to fuel your day.
- Use bananas that have brown speckles on them for the right amount of natural sweetness.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 ripe banana sliced into 2-inch pieces and frozen
- 2 packets Pique Hibiscus Beauty Elixir
Combine ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Divide between two jars and secure lids. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.