Reach for this Rooibos tea-infused chia pudding to tame a sweet craving with only 5 ingredients. Best of all, there’s no heating required, keeping all of the beneficial antioxidants intact!
Chia pudding is a healthy way to create thick and creamy pudding at home without any complicated steps or ingredients. Chia seeds naturally “bloom” as they soak up moisture, expanding into tiny tapioca-like pearls that thicken liquids. Chia seeds are high in protein and healthy omega-3 fats that can boost brain health and help keep you feeling satiated. They are also a vegan source of all 9 essential amino acids. This is important because “essential” amino acids can’t be made by the body and therefore must be obtained through diet. (1)
To make this pudding extra thick, full-fat coconut milk is used. The high fat content of coconut milk adds to the indulgent texture for a pudding that can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert!
Tip: look for coconut milk that is organic and packed in a BPA-free can.
Rooibos tea adds a subtle vanilla flavor along with polyphenols, powerful antioxidants that can help fight free-radical damage. These unique polyphenols also help support gut health. Rooibos is also caffeine-free, so it won’t give you the jitters if you enjoy your pudding after dark.
To add a touch of sweetness, pure maple syrup is added for its rich flavor. Raw honey can also be used. Adding a pop of fruity flavor, each chia pudding is topped with fresh berries for even more antioxidant goodness. For the thickest pudding possible, refrigerate overnight.
Other delicious additions to chia pudding include:
- Raw cacao powder. Stir in 1 tablespoon before refrigerating pudding.
- Toasted coconut flakes. Look for the unsweetened variety and top on chia pudding before serving.
- Almond butter. Drizzle into the pudding before refrigerating for a kick of nutty flavor.
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 packets Rooibos Immunity Elixir
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup mixed fruit blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pomegranate arils
- Combine coconut milk, chia seeds, Rooibos tea and maple syrup in a measuring cup with a spout. Stir well. Divide among 4 (6-ounce) jars. Refrigerate overnight. Top with fruit and enjoy!
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Rooibos Vitality Elixir
Powerhouse of unique plant nutrients. Earthy, caffeine-free and low in tannins. Ideal for sensitive tummies.