This gelatin parfait has all the flavor of sweet tea with a healthier twist that’s the perfect treat for hot summer days!
Just like a glass of your favorite sun tea on a hot day, this refreshing parfait is great for cooling off with the childhood nostalgia of jello. This grown-up gelatin treat ditches the sugar and artificial flavors and uses raw honey and fresh lemon juice instead.
You’ll also notice that this recipe calls for grass-fed gelatin. This ensures the highest quality of gelatin. This powdery substance doesn’t just turn the tea into jello, it also supports healthy joints, skin, and bones. Thanks to the unique amino acids in gelatin, it may help maintain a healthy mucosal lining in the stomach.
A robust tea is needed to stand out in this parfait and Rooibos is just the tea for the job. Rooibos (pronounced “roy-boss”) is a red tea that has an earthy flavor with notes of vanilla, wood, and even caramel. This variety of tea is unique because it is low in tannins, contains more antioxidants than green tea, and happens to be caffeine-free, perfect for dipping any time of day.
There are 3 layers to this parfait. A Rooibos tea layer with lemon and honey, then a second layer that combines the Rooibos tea, honey, and lemon juice with creamy dairy-free whipped cream. Once the 2 layers are set, the parfait is finished with a final dollop of whipped cream and a lemon wheel. If you like your tea strong, mix in an additional sachet of Rooibos tea before adding the gelatin.
Dairy-free whipped cream can be found in the refrigerated dairy section of most grocery stores or you can whip up your own using half a cup of coconut cream and a few pinches of monk fruit sweetener. Beat until fluffy and spoon on top of the parfait.
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 sachet Pique Rooibos Vitality Elixir
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup dairy-free whipped cream + extra for topping
- 1 lemon wheel
- Heat water in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming, about 3 minutes. Turn heat off and add tea crystals, honey, lemon juice. Gradually whisk in the gelatin powder.
- Add 1 cup of the mixture to a 16-ounce glass and refrigerate for 1 hour or until gelatin just starts to set. Transfer the remaining mixture to a small mixing bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Beat 1/2 cup of the whipped cream into remaining tea gelatin in a mixing bowl. Spoon on top of the tea gelatin in a glass. Refrigerate for 1 hour longer to firm. Top with extra whipped cream and a lemon wheel before enjoying.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Rooibos Vitality Elixir
Powerhouse of unique plant nutrients. Earthy, caffeine-free and low in tannins. Ideal for sensitive tummies.