This naturally sweetened latte will comfort any time of day with a silky texture and caffeine-free rooibos tea!
Ditch the caffeine and sip on this frothy tea latte instead. It’s blended with dried dates until smooth, for a latte that won’t give you the jitters or disrupt sleep. A tea latte is a great choice for anyone looking to cut back on caffeine while still enjoying the texture coffee drinks are popular for.
Benefits of Rooibos
- Rooibos is an ideal caffeine-free alternative to coffee because it has an earthy flavor with notes of vanilla.
- Unlike other teas, Rooibos is low in tannins – making it perfect for those with sensitive stomachs.
- This powerhouse tea contains polyphenols not found in other teas that help balance gut microflora and support healthy immune function.
Just Add Dates
Dried dates are naturally super sweet, leaving no need for extra sweeteners. Dates have a rich caramel, toffee-like flavor when added to drinks or desserts for coffee shop taste without artificial flavors. Dried dates are available year-round in the dried fruit section of grocery stores.
For a dairy-free drink that’s gentle on the stomach, full-fat coconut milk creates a velvety creamy texture with subtle coconut flavor. The full-fat content of coconut milk makes this drink satiating, perfect for an end of the day drink or a midday hunger curb. Other plant-based milks like almond, hemp or cashew can also be used.
Once blended this drink can be sipped hot or cooled and poured over ice in the summer.
- 1 ½ cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 sachet Pique Rooibos Vitality Elixir
- 2 small pitted dried dates or 1 medium
- Heat coconut milk over medium heat in a saucepan until bubbles form around sides, about 5 minutes.
- Combine coconut milk, Pique Rooibos Vitality Elixir, and dates in a high-speed blender and blend until dates are thoroughly combined and smooth. Pour into a mug and enjoy hot.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Rooibos Vitality Elixir
Powerhouse of unique plant nutrients. Earthy, caffeine-free and low in tannins. Ideal for sensitive tummies.