This low-carb vegetable rice is a satisfying alternative to traditional rice with antioxidants and fiber to support healthy digestion and keep you full.
If you’re looking to reduce sugar intake and swap out carb heavy foods for nutrient rich veggies, then cauliflower rice is the ideal stand in. Cauliflower lends itself to being seasoned to suit any meal type from Asian to Mexican. This version is mixed with earthy Electric Turmeric Tea for an exotic blend that is versatile enough to be served with chicken, beef, fish or tofu! Cauliflower is also available year-round making it one of the most convenient veggies to substitute for rice.
The Protective Potential of Herbs
Just like traditional rice, adding herbs to cauliflower rice makes it taste delicious and adds health preserving benefits.
Turmeric is full of immune-supporting antioxidants to help fight free radical damage. This tea blend also has hints of cinnamon and ginger flavor, adding digestion support and blood sugar balancing properties.
To boost the flavor and aroma of this rice, fresh ginger and garlic are sautéed in olive oil until fragrant. Garlic may be beneficial in providing overall cardiovascular support. Olive oil adds healthy fats to keep you feeling full and support healthy brain function.
Other great herbs to add to cauliflower rice include:
- Ground cumin
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Fresh chopped basil
- Curry powder
- Fennel seed
- Cauliflower can be “riced” 24 hours ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in refrigerator until cooking.
- Cook cauliflower rice just before you plan to eat it for the best flavor.
- A box grater can be used instead of a food processor.
- Many grocery stores conveniently stock cauliflower rice in either the produce or freezer section. All that’s left to do is cook!
- Riced cauliflower pairs great with hearty stews like curry or gumbo.
Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp peeled/minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 sachets Pique Electric Turmeric Tea
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Add cauliflower to a food processor in 2 batches. Pulse until fine.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add riced cauliflower, Electric Turmeric tea and sea salt to skillet and stir well. Cook 5 minutes. Serve hot topped with chopped parsley.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Electric Turmeric
Invigorate your cells with Okinawa’s best-kept longevity secret. Delight your palate, sunup to sundown.