For a rich chocolate indulgence that is full of antioxidants and will warm you from the inside out, reach for this hot chocolate with turmeric tea in every sip.
Store bought hot chocolate is full of sweeteners and additives that don’t offer the immune system support that real cacao powder can. Pure cacao is not only rich in chocolate flavor but also full of antioxidants called flavonoids. These compounds help keep the immune system in tip top shape. Look for raw cacao powder that has no added sweeteners or other ingredients.
Tip: Raw cacao can be used in cakes, pudding, brownies and even chili to add depth.
If you love turmeric in golden milk then adding it to cacao will be your new favorite for curbing a sweet craving. Electric Turmeric Tea Crystals add an earthy flavor and warmth to hot chocolate along with cinnamon and ginger. There are 3 different varieties of turmeric in this tea for maximized bioavailability.
Electric turmeric tea supports:
- Immune function
- Joint mobility
- A healthy response to inflammation
- Digestion and healthy gut microflora
This hot chocolate is dairy-free with full fat coconut milk creating silky texture. If you’re not a fan of coconut milk, cashew, almond or oat milk are all great options.
We left out the sweetener in this recipe but if you find you’d like it sweet, a teaspoon or two of raw honey, coconut sugar or a pinch of monk fruit powder will sweeten things right up naturally.
Electric Turmeric Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 sachet Pique Electric Turmeric Tea
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut whipped cream
- dark chocolate shavings
- Heat coconut milk over medium-low heat in a saucepan. Once steaming, whisk in cacao powder, Electric Turmeric Tea Crystals, and vanilla extract. Heat 1 minute longer.
- Pour hot chocolate into a mug and top with whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Electric Turmeric
Invigorate your cells with Okinawa’s best-kept longevity secret. Delight your palate, sunup to sundown.