Who else is as excited as we are the return of pumpkin spice?
While we love the flavor on its own, we’ve decided to jazz it up a bit this year with the addition of another fall favorite: pomegranate.
We start by combining our vanilla rooibos, an herbal tea also known as “red bush” tea hailing from South Africa, with crushed pomegranate seeds, pumpkin spice, and raw honey. This adds a sweet and lightly fruity contrast to the kick of the pumpkin spice.
Give the recipe below a try for a pumpkin spice tea unlike any other.
- 1 packet Pique Vanilla Rooibos tea crystals.
- 1.5 cups water
- Small handful of pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- Optional: dried hops flower for garnish/malty flavor
- Empty your Vanilla Rooibos packet into a mug of hot water. Stir.
- In a bowl, crush pomegranate seeds with a pestle until a liquid-y paste forms. Add to your tea and stir.
- Stir in your pumpkin spice powder and raw honey.
- Top with a dried hops flower for a gorgeous garnish and slight malt flavor.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Rooibos Vitality Elixir
Powerhouse of unique plant nutrients. Earthy, caffeine-free and low in tannins. Ideal for sensitive tummies.