Make this naturally sweetened shamrock shake to get in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit! Drive-thru shakes are full of artificial flavors, colors and heaps of sugar. This healthy version uses matcha and spearmint tea for added antioxidants and real mint flavor, complete with dairy-free whipped topping!
The tea crystals in this shamrock shake contain only 1 ingredient: spearmint tea leaves. This caffeine-free tea won’t give you the jitters and promotes a sense of calm. The mint flavor is potent, leaving behind a refreshing mint flavor after every sip. Bonus: no steeping required because tea crystals dissolve in cold water for easy blending. Spearmint supports healthy digestion and helps manage cravings.
Vibrant matcha green tea adds a green hue to the shake without any added coloring. And the earthy, mild flavor of matcha allows the other flavors to shine through. This tea variety provides a calm energy and supports mindfulness.
Instead of sugar, an extra ripe banana adds sweetness and creamy texture to the shake. Banana also adds potassium and fiber, making this great as a dessert or breakfast.
For a hint of chocolate, raw cacao nibs are blended in for subtle dark chocolate flavor in every sip. Cacao nibs are rich in antioxidants, help support brain function and boost mood.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 medium extra ripe banana frozen
- 1 sachet Pique Mint Tea Crystals
- 1 sachet Pique Sun Goddess Matcha
- 1 tsp unsweetened cacao nibs
For Coconut Whipped Topping
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut cream the thick solid portion from a can of coconut milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of monk fruit sweetener
- Add coconut cream to a small mixing bowl and add monk fruit sweetener and vanilla. Whisk until fluffy. Refrigerate until serving.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Sun Goddess Matcha
The world’s purest matcha, crafted to the highest standards of the finest ceremonial grade matcha. Designed for mindfulness. A mug full of zen.