This creamy matcha drink has 3 tie-dyed layers of antioxidant powered ingredients that will give you your morning focus minus the jitters!
Matcha-blueberry drinks are popping up at cafes and this is a combination that doesn’t have to be a passing trend. Both matcha and blueberries have become a staple in healthy lifestyles and for good reason. Matcha is abundant in antioxidants with a high concentration of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll helps to oxygenate blood and keep organs functioning properly.
More benefits of matcha include:
- Supports healthy digestion
- Helps keep immune system strong
- Helps maintain healthy blood pressure
- Supports memory and brain function
- Protects cells from damage
Blueberries are high in vitamin-C and polyphenols that support immune function and fight free radical damage. Free radical damage can cause inflammation in the body. Because blueberries are high in antioxidants, they can lower the risks for certain diseases by reducing inflammation.
To reap the benefits of blueberries and avoid sugary flavored syrup, fresh blueberries are puréed with water and honey until smooth. Transfer to the bottom of a tall glass and top with ice. Next pour in your favorite unsweetened plant based milk. Coconut milk, almond milk, flax or oat milk are all great choices. Finally whisk together matcha tea crystals and water. Pour matcha on top. Add a straw and sip away!
Blueberry Matcha Drink
For Blueberry Layer
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp honey
For Matcha Layer
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 sachet Pique Sun Goddess Matcha
For Milk Layer
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- Combine blueberries, water and agave in a small blender and blend until smooth. Pour blueberry puree in the bottom of a glass and top with ice. Pour in milk. Mix together matcha and water until dissolved. Pour over the milk layer. Add a straw and enjoy right away.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Sun Goddess Matcha
The world’s purest matcha, crafted to the highest standards of the finest ceremonial grade matcha. Designed for mindfulness. A mug full of zen.