This creamy fruit drink gets a healthy makeover using dairy-free ingredients and natural sweeteners for a beverage that’s filled with good-for-you fats and antioxidants!
Strawberry milk is a marbled mix of mashed or puréed strawberries often swirled with sweetened condensed milk and/or regular milk. The ingredients in the traditional Korean beverage are easy to swap for healthier ones and that’s just what we did with this version.
The recipe starts with ripe strawberries. If strawberries aren’t in season in your area, thawed frozen strawberries will work great. The strawberries are blended with agave nectar and hibiscus tea crystals to create a syrup-like purée. Honey, agave, or date syrup all make great natural options. If you’re looking for a sweetener with no glycemic impact, erythritol is a terrific choice.
Hibiscus tea crystals add vibrant pink color, tart fruit flavor similar to raspberries, and antioxidants galore! Hibiscus tea is naturally high in vitamin C which helps support healthy cell growth and repair for glowing skin. This tea is mingled with real mint for an invigorating flavor. Hibiscus tea is naturally caffeine-free so this recipe can be enjoyed day or night!
Sweetened condensed milk is full of sugar, so we opted to use a mix of unsweetened coconut milk and full-fat coconut instead. This combination creates a rich texture that’s not too light and not too creamy. Other plant-based milk like almond, cashew, or hemp can also be used. A splash of full-fat coconut milk helps to keep you feeling full. Look for a brand of coconut milk that doesn’t have added sugar.
The sweetened coconut milk is poured over the strawberry purée and topped with additional chopped strawberries. Add a straw and stir gently to create a marbled effect and strawberry flavor in every sip!
- 1 cup ripe strawberries tops removed
- 1-2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 sachet Pique Hibiscus Beauty Elixir
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries for topping
- Combine strawberries, agave nectar, and water in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and heat until hot, but not boiling. Turn heat off and whisk in hibiscus tea crystals. Transfer to a small jar and refrigerate until chilled for 1 hour.
- Add strawberry purée to the bottom of a glass and top with coconut milk. Add a few spoonfuls of chopped strawberries on top. Sip and enjoy!
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Hibiscus Beauty Elixir
Like a rosy-cheeked glow that’ll have you feeling flirty. Revitalizing and caffeine-free. Make your cells dance.