This jitter-free mint white hot chocolate is a soothing blend of green tea, fresh mint and coconut milk for a rich and creamy beverage that can be enjoyed any time of day!
Hot chocolate is a timeless classic, especially during the cool months when temperatures dip. This version is great for anyone who wants to switch up from chocolate-infused cocoa in favor of a minty-coconut beverage with the same comforting texture. You’ll notice in this recipe that there are zero processed ingredients and little added sugar; instead, raw honey is used to sweeten.
Relax and Revitalize
Mint Sencha green tea contains antioxidants, supports immune function and also helps support an overall sense of calmness due to the minty aroma. Green tea is lower in caffeine than coffee for a less jittery alternative to a cup of joe. The mint aroma is both soothing and revitalizing. Fresh mint leaves help to increase the minty flavor already present in the sencha tea. Sencha green tea may also help support digestive health, making it great for sipping after a heavy meal.
Instead of dairy milk, full-fat coconut milk adds rich texture along with satisfying fats that help keep you feeling full. Look for organic canned coconut milk without any added sweetener. Unsweetened almond milk can also be used, but the end result won’t be quite as thick.
Enjoy Minty Goodness Year Round
This hot chocolate can also be turned into an icy smoothie. Simply blend all ingredients with 2 cups of ice or a frozen banana instead of heating on the stove.
- Chocolate lovers can add 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cacao powder or cacao nibs before blending to turn this white cocoa into a chocolate indulgence.
- If you don’t have fresh mint on hand, ¼ teaspoon of organic peppermint extract can be used.
- To make this hot cocoa low sugar, use ⅛ teaspoon of monk fruit powder to sweeten instead of honey.
- 2 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 2 sachets Pique Mint Sencha Tea
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves loosely packed
- Heat coconut milk over medium heat in a medium saucepan until steaming hot, about 5 minutes. Pour into a high-speed blender. Add tea, honey and mint leaves. Blend until smooth and frothy. Divide between 2 mugs. Enjoy hot.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Mint Green Tea
A cool breeze of catechins. Refreshing and invigorating. A delicious way to feed your gut bugs.