This ginger-pear digestive tea is the perfect refreshing remedy to the one-too-many sweets syndrome. It contains a blend of ginger and citrus, which have been shown to help stimulate digestion. This is attributed to the process of gastric emptying (the rate at which food leaves your stomach) and release of digestive enzymes and stomach acid which helps break down food (1, 2, 3).
The spicy kick of ginger and orange is rounded out with a sweet touch of raw honey and fresh pear (4).
- 1 packet Pique Ginger Digestion Elixir
- 2 cups water
- 4 slices fresh ginger root
- 1 Tbsp dried citrus peel
- 1/4 sliced fresh pear
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- Bring water to a boil. Add your dried citrus peel, ginger root slices, and pear, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a mug (you can either leave the pear, ginger, and citrus in your cup to eat or steep longer, or strain them out). Stir in your Ginger Digestion Elixir packet.
- Stir in your raw honey and sip.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Ginger Digestion Elixir
Spicy, tangy and caffeine-free. More soothing and warming than your fuzzy socks. Keep your tummy happy.