This naturally sweetened ice cream is dairy-free and full of antioxidants with healthy fats and requires no ice cream maker. Black tea adds subtle earthy notes that round out the tangy cherry flavor.
A Dairy-Free Delight
Just 4-ingredients are needed to make this healthy ice cream with no churning! Frozen bananas create a texture that allows the ice cream to freeze but still scoop perfectly. Coconut milk adds rich texture and satiating fats without heavy cream or sweetened condensed milk. The combination of ripe bananas and coconut milk make this ice cream sweet and creamy. As bananas ripen, their starches break down into sugar. You can use bananas that are just ripe with a few brown spots or with many spots depending on how sweet you would like the ice cream to be.
Since cherries are only in season a few months out of the year, using frozen cherries ensures you can enjoy this ice cream year round. Frozen cherries are also already pitted for easier prep and less mess! Cherries are high in immune-system supporting vitamin-C as well as antioxidant compounds that help combat oxidative stress. Cherries may also help support muscle recovery after strenuous exercise, and what better way to reap these benefits than in ice cream?
Uplifting English Breakfast Tea
The bold and robust flavor of English breakfast tea is the perfect complement to a fruity ice cream. This black tea variety contains theaflavins that support healthy digestion and probiotics for an optimal gut microbiome. English breakfast tea contains caffeine and l-theanine for a calm, focused energy. The moderate amount of caffeine makes this recipe best enjoyed in the afternoon.
- 2 large ripe frozen bananas sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 1 15 oz. can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pitted cherries
- 1 sachet Pique English Breakfast tea
- Combine bananas, coconut milk, 1 cup of frozen cherries and tea crystals in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping sides and needed. Add remaining half cup of frozen cherries and pulse for 5 seconds.
- Spread in a loaf pan and freeze for 3-4 hours, until ice cream is firm but still able to be scooped. Enjoy!
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique English Breakfast Black Tea
Cornerstone of an enlivened morning. Harmonious balance for your gut bugs.