This soothing hot toddy is the perfect blend of aromatic spices with the tartness of apple cider and antioxidant power of tea.
If you’re feeling under the weather or just looking for a relaxing beverage to sip on a cold winter evening, this toddy has you covered.
Pure apple cider adds a comforting flavor and aroma that marries the bourbon and tea together perfectly. Look for pure apple cider that isn’t sweetened. This allows you to control the amount of any added sweetener (if desired).
Hot Toddy Ingredient Benefits-at-a-Glance
- A splash of lemon juice adds immune-system supporting vitamin-C.
- Bourbon not only relaxes, but may also help blood vessels dilate to aid mucous membranes in dealing with infection.
- Honey is a great match for a toddy with a rich sweetness that balances the drink. If the cider tastes sweet enough already, feel free to skip the honey.
- Cinnamon Fasting Tea Crystals set this hot toddy apart with the addition of cinnamon, mint, and bergamot flavor in one easy to dissolve sachet. The tea crystals help support healthy digestion and balanced blood sugar for help with curbing cravings. This tea comes in especially handy in the evening to help keep snacking at bay. It’s ideal for adding to a hot toddy because there’s zero caffeine, so it won’t keep you awake.
Oven dried apples make a festive, edible garnish for this drink. Simply lay thin slices of apple sprinkled with cinnamon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 200F for 1 hour. Flip slices and bake 1 hour longer.
Cinnamon Tea Hot Toddy
- 1 cup pure apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 sachet Pique Cinnamon Herbal Fasting Tea
- 1 oz. bourbon
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 dried apple slice optional
- Heat apple cider and star anise over medium-low heat in a saucepan. Allow star anise to infuse the cider for 10 minutes. Turn heat off and discard star anise. Stir in lemon juice, bourbon, honey (if using) and Cinnamon Fasting Tea.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick and dried apple slice.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Cinnamon Herbal Fasting Tea
Cozy, comforting and caffeine-free. Unwind your day with a hug in a mug