This chewy baked oatmeal is the perfect start to the day with fiber and healthy fats to keep you feeling energized and satiated.
Wholesome Ingredients to Satisfy Hunger
When it comes to breakfast foods, many are often loaded with added sweetener. Too much added sugar can lead to cravings later on and have you reaching for more sugary foods. To keep this baked oatmeal an ideal breakfast choice without the sugar crash, just a small amount of maple syrup is added along with the sweetness of a ripe banana. Banana also keeps the recipe moist. Unsweetened applesauce can also be used.
Old fashioned oats are high in fiber which helps keep the digestive system running smoothly. Oats are a breakfast staple and the old fashioned variety bakes up chewy with the perfect texture. Coconut oil is added to provide satiating fat and moist texture.
Spice Things Up
Cinnamon fasting tea crystals add spiced aroma and flavor along with their own powerful benefits. Cinnamon helps to balance blood sugar and keep cravings in check. You will even notice hints of citrus and mint from bergamot and spearmint, adding to the flavor profile and providing a pleasant depth of flavor in every bite.
This baked oatmeal bakes in just 30-35 minutes and with 9 servings, it’s perfect for feeding to a group or keeping on hand for busy mornings. You can slice up the recipe into individual portions to have as a meal prep that’s ready to grab and go.
Serve with fresh seasonal berries or fruit on top. A few of our favorites include:
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced peaches
Cinnamon Fasting Tea Baked Oatmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large ripe banana puréed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 sachet Pique Cinnamon Fasting Tea
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Heat oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a 9x9 oven safe baking dish with cooking spray. Whisk together eggs, banana, almond milk, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla bean paste and tea crystals in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in oats, baking powder and sea salt. Pour into baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing into squares. Serve warm topped with fresh berries.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Cinnamon Herbal Fasting Tea
Cozy, comforting and caffeine-free. Unwind your day with a hug in a mug