Do you have cravings for warming spices and hot drinks as the weather cools?
With this Earl Grey Chai Latte with Carob, we’re making it easy for you to indulge, as well as treat your body to the many benefits of earl grey tea and chai spices.
The base of this recipe is Earl Grey tea, a blend that has been flavored with oil of bergamot. This is complemented with warming chai spices like ginger and cinnamon, which also contain compounds that can improve digestion(1, 2).
We then round out the traditional chai blend with a touch of carob. Hailing from the shores of the Mediterranean, Carob has been consumed for thousands of years.
Now, without further ado, let’s get cozy with this recipe.
- 1 packet Pique Earl Grey tea crystals
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp carob powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp mace
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Optional: dash of coconut sugar or raw sugar cube
- Empty your Earl Grey packet into a mug of hot water. Stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your tea and blend well. Steam your almond milk in a separate pan until frothy, then add to your mug.
- Top with extra cinnamon if you wish, sip, and enjoy the cozy taste of Fall.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Earl Grey Black Tea
A swift, steady infusion of energy. Citrus bergamot to delight your senses and cells.