These easy-to-make pancakes require just 9 ingredients, including the sautéed apple topping! Each bite has bergamot notes with earl grey tea blended right into the batter!
Earl grey tea is perfect for cozy fall days. It has a deep flavor with aromatic bergamot in every sip. The earl grey tea crystals in this recipe require no steeping and are blended into the batter along with the other ingredients. This variety is made from black tea leaves; ideal for supporting a healthy gut microbiome.
Because earl grey contains caffeine, these pancakes are perfect for morning breakfast to start the day alert and energized, but not jittery.
During autumn, apples are in peak season with a wide variety to choose from. Tangy green Granny Smith, honey crisp, Fuji, or pink lady apples are all wonderful options that will add baked apple flavor to your pancakes.
Almond flour, eggs, almond milk, and baking powder create a fluffy pancake that holds up to being flipped and topping with maple syrup. Almond flour is an excellent substitute for processed flour and adds satiating fats and protein to the pancakes. Tiger nut flour can be used instead of almond flour for anyone with nut sensitivities. Tiger nut is actually a root and not a nut at all. Instead of using multiple mixing bowls, the ingredients are added to a blender and mixed until smooth.
Once your pancakes are piled high, apples are sautéed with butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon until tender and saucy. Spoon apples onto pancakes and enjoy right away for the best flavor. Vegan butter or ghee can be used in place of traditional butter.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 sachet Pique Earl Grey Tea
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp melted unsalted butter or coconut oil + extra for greasing
- 1/2 cup peeled/diced apples
For Apple Topping
- 1 cup peeled/diced apples
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine ingredients for pancakes in a blender or food processor and blend for 5-10 seconds until smooth.
- Grease a medium skillet or griddle with butter and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup of batter and cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles form on top of pancakes and begin to pop. Flip pancakes and cook for 2-3 minutes longer. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add apples, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until apples are tender.
- Spoon apples on top of pancakes and enjoy warm.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Earl Grey Black Tea
A swift, steady infusion of energy. Citrus bergamot to delight your senses and cells.