Enjoy a cozy night in with this soothing blend of mint tea and rich cacao with the natural sweetness of coconut sugar.
For a chocolate fix without the high sugar content, whip up this peppermint mocha full of antioxidants from real cacao powder and mint tea.
Cacao powder is made by cold pressing raw unroasted cocoa beans. Because the beans aren’t heated in the process of making powder, their precious antioxidants and vitamins stay intact. While most processed chocolate products have additives, sweeteners and very little nutritional value, raw cacao powder is quite the opposite.
- Cacao helps support mood by triggering the release of endorphins. Flavanols in cacao also support a positive mood.
- Rich in antioxidants, cacao powder helps keep cells healthy by fighting free radicals and repairing damage.
While many peppermint mocha drinks rely on minty flavored syrups, this recipe is made with tea crystals made directly from real spearmint tea leaves. This herbal tea helps support healthy digestion. The zesty mint flavor invigorates and soothes the senses.
To sweeten this peppermint mocha, coconut sugar adds a lower glycemic sweetness that is rich with caramel notes. For a sweetener with zero glycemic impact, reach for monk fruit or erythritol.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 sachet Pique Mint Herbal Tea
- Whipped coconut cream
- 1 tsp shaved dark chocolate
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Heat almond milk over low heat until steaming. Whisk in cacao powder, coconut sugar and mint tea crystals until dissolved. Pour into a large mug and top with coconut whipped cream, dark chocolate and mint.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Mint Herbal
Wake up your senses with a tongue-tingling burst of cool, glacial spearmint. Pure and refreshing.