Why should coffee have all the fun? This icy oolong tea frappuccino tastes every bit as good as the coffee version – minus the jitters.
Oolong tea is a robust combination of green and black teas with plenty of antioxidants to start the day off on a healthy note. Oolong tea is a terrific swap for coffee because it has roasted notes that are reminiscent of coffee beans. Chaga or reishi mushroom teas are also robust enough to stand out in coffee drink alternatives like this.
With just four main ingredients, this frappuccino packs plenty of flavor to curb a sweet tooth and provide plenty of focused energy thanks to a medium amount of caffeine and the amino acid l-theanine. This smooth balanced tea is blended with plant-based milk and coconut sugar to create a beverage that will refresh and perk you up on the hottest days.
Coconut sugar is a great sweetener to add rich, caramel notes to this frappucino without using artificial flavors or processed ingredients. Pure maple syrup would also be delicious. For a low-sugar frappuccino use a few pinches of monk fruit sweetener or a spoonful or erythritol powder.
To make sure the flavor of the oolong stands out when blended with ice and milk, two packets of tea crystals are used. For health-minded toppings, dip your glass in melted dark chocolate and top with coconut whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cacao powder before sipping.
Other healthy toppings to try including:
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Raw cacao nibs
- Dark chocolate shavings
- 2 cups ice
- 1 sachet Pique Sacred Lily Oolong tea crystals
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- For Topping: melted dark chocolate, coconut whipped cream, cacao powder
- Combine ice, almond milk, coconut sugar, and Sacred Lily Oolong tea crystals in a blender and blend until ice is crushed and blended, about 10 seconds.
- Dip the rim of a 16-ounce glass in melted dark chocolate and pour in frappuccino. Top with coconut whipped cream and a dusting of cacao powder. Enjoy right away.