Stay cool with this frosty mango ginger lassi that’s free of processed sweeteners and dairy!
No need to reach for sugary frozen drinks this summer to beat the heat. This mango lassi blends up thick and creamy with the refreshing icy texture of frozen mango pulling double duty to cool and provide an antioxidant boost. Mango lassi is a yogurt-based smoothie with just the right amount of sweet, tart and creamy to feel exotic and satisfy a craving. It can often be found in authentic Indian restaurants, but it’s quick and easy to make at home!
This tropical drink is delicious any time of day. It has enough fiber and fat to enjoy as a quick breakfast or sip it as an after-work refreshment!
Cardamom is often used to add a hint of spice to mango lassi drinks. In this version, ginger tea steps in, adding spice notes while also supporting healthy digestion.
Instead of using traditional dairy yogurt, coconut milk-based yogurt adds probiotics without the digestive upset dairy can cause for sensitive individuals. Look for coconut yogurt without added sweeteners or flavors. Full-fat coconut milk marries all of the ingredients together during blending and also gives this recipe more staying power, keeping you feeling full.
Mango is a key player in this recipe – and not just in the flavor department. Mango adds a dose of vitamin-C along with polyphenols and antioxidant properties. If you can’t find frozen mango chunks, simply cube fresh mango and freeze until solid, about 3 hours. (1)
- 3 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 packets Pique Ginger Digestion Elixir
- 1/4 cup cold filtered water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- Dissolve Pique Ginger Digestion Elixir in filtered water and pour into blender. Add mango, coconut yogurt, coconut milk, and honey. Blend until smooth. Divide between 2 glasses and top with chopped pistachios and mint sprigs. Serve right away.
Pique Ginger Digestion Elixir
Spicy, tangy and caffeine-free. More soothing and warming than your fuzzy socks. Keep your tummy happy.