One of the best things you can do to seriously improve your workouts is to have a nourishing pre-workout fuel that gives you sustained energy to power through your sweat session.
An ideal pre-workout fuel needs to be filling but not too heavy, made out of whole foods, easy to make on the go, and delicious, of course.
This Jasmine Green Tea Smoothie ticks all the boxes!
We designed this blend so you can whip up an energizing pre-workout fuel bursting with health benefits in less than 5 minutes. Plus, you can easily make it keto if you want to.
Here’s why it should be your go-to drink:
Green Tea Health Benefits
Science shows green tea can make your workouts more effective and boost fat burning — that’s why it’s the star of this pre-workout smoothie.
One study[*] found that drinking green tea before a workout increases fat burning at two stages:
- At rest, before the workout begins
- After the workout
This means green tea begins burning fat before you even start sweating and the effect continues after you’re done.
Green tea has this fat burning effect because it boosts thermogenesis — a process in which your body burns calories for heat.
Green tea also increases the levels of adrenaline in your blood during and after a workout, which means you get a boost when you’re working out and then enjoy a longer post-workout energy buzz.
Now let’s look at the other ingredients in this smoothie:
- Spinach: Greens are always a good choice before a workout, but spinach, in particular, can prevent and reduce the oxidative stress and muscle damage that normally happens after an intense workout. One study[*] found that daily spinach supplementation reduced oxidative stress and muscle damage in healthy young men who ran a half-marathon. Plus, it provides fiber, vitamin A, and vitamin K.
- Banana: A banana is a source of quick carbs to fuel your muscles. However, if you’re doing keto you can skip it altogether and add stevia as a sweetener instead.
- Avocado: Healthy fats can’t be missing from your pre-workout fuel. Avocado provides saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated fats that increase the absorbability of nutrients.
- Shredded coconut: Dried coconut also provides fats that help your body absorb nutrients, as well as lauric acid, which is antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal.
- Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which improve your cardiovascular health. They provide the 3 macros: fats, protein, and carbs.
Drink this next time you’re going to hit the gym:
- 1 sachet Pique - Jasmine Green Tea
- 1 small handful of spinach
- ½ almond nut milk
- 1 banana
- ½ a small avocado
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
Blend spinach and ½ cup almond nut milk on high until spinach is broken down.
Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Serve immediately; top with hemp seeds or shredded coconut.