The best beauty secrets are those that make you glow from the inside out.
That’s why we formulated this beautifying hibiscus latte with ingredients that improve your skin’s elasticity, hydration, firmness, and softness from within.
The ingredients also protect your skin from early aging, sun damage, fine lines, and wrinkles — so you’ll be able to enjoy glowing skin for years if you drink it often.
The star of this recipe is hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), also known as Roselle. Besides having impressive blood pressure-lowering benefits, it can naturally transform your skin health and appearance.
Here are all the reasons this hibiscus latte should be your new beauty secret:
Beautifying Benefits of Hibiscus Tea
Hibiscus tea is rich in vitamin C — one cup will give you about 72% of your daily needs.
Vitamin C is crucial for healthy and glowing skin because it helps produce two important skin building blocks:
- Keratinocytes — aka your skin cells
- Collagen — a protein that holds your skin cells together
Without proper levels of collagen or keratinocytes, your skin can’t thrive.
Vitamin C also fights UV-damage, which is one of the main causes of early skin aging.
When you’re exposed to air pollution or excess UV rays, vitamin C levels go down, causing skin dryness, sagging, and wrinkles, but you can offset these effects by eating vitamin C-rich foods (like this latte!).
Research finds that increasing vitamin C through supplements or food improves skin elasticity, facial wrinkling, roughness, and color.[*]
In a nutshell, hibiscus tea keeps your skin toned, soft, and protected from sun damage thanks to its vitamin C and gentisic acid content — a true beauty food!
But that’s just the start. Let’s see what else makes this latte so beautifying:
- Beetroot powder: Beetroot is one of the most antioxidant foods you can eat. It has a compound called betalain, which protects DNA, lipids, and proteins (like collagen in your skin) from oxidative damage.[*] The antioxidant power of beets is higher than tomatoes, carrot, oranges, and pineapples.
- Schisandra powder: Schisandra is an adaptogen, which means it can fight and reduce stress in your central nervous system, endocrine system, and immune system. Keeping internal stress low is a must for physical and mental well-being.[*]
- Calendula powder: Calendula is a flower with anti-inflammatory power. Since inflammation is responsible for early skin aging, calendula can help prevent it.
- Collagen peptides: Collagen is one of the building blocks of your skin, joints, eyes, heart, muscles, and more. It’s essential for skin elasticity, wound healing, and hydration.
- Organic Manuka honey: Manuka honey is highly antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory.
- Fresh strawberries: Strawberries are also a rich source of vitamin C and salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is known for preventing and diminishing acne and skin inflammation.
Read to get your glow on? Try the recipe:
- 1 sachet Pique Hibiscus Mint Crystals
- 4 oz water
- 4 oz macadamia nut milk
- 1/2 tsp beetroot powder
- 1/8 tsp Schisandra powder
- 1/8 tsp calendula powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- ½ tsp organic manuka honey
- A couple fresh strawberries
- Rose petals
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with rose petals.