If you’re bobbing for apples this year, be sure to set some aside for a tea that will wow the Thanksgiving table.
Reminiscent of apple pie, this apple spice tea with Earl Grey as a base not only tastes decadent, but also contains spices like cinnamon and ginger that have been shown to help reduce inflammation and help with digestion, making this tea perfect as a post-feast digestive (1,2).
Sip on this brew as a healthy dessert alternative (or alongside that apple or pumpkin pie … we won’t tell).
Double or triple the recipe depending on the size of your gathering.
- Medium-sized pot
- Juicer if juicing fresh apples
- 2 packets Pique Earl Grey tea crystals
- 1 cup almond milk
- Juice of 6 apples or 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoon apple pie spice mix recipe below
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
Empty your Earl Grey tea crystals into two mugs.
Juice your apples if using fresh, and/or add the apple juice to your pan over medium heat on the stove.
Add in your almond milk and spice mix.
Bring to a light simmer, then whisk until a thin froth forms.
Pour over your earl grey and stir.
Add another dash of cinnamon as garnish, along with a thin slice of apple.
Serve and sip.