Photos, post and recipe by Weelicious.
We’ve been playing around adding our Tea Crystals to baked goods with really fun results. Since our local farmer’s markets are stocked with zucchini, we decided to make zucchini muffins. But then we decided to take it to the next level by mixing in one sachet of Mint Sencha Tea Crystals. We just can’t get over how delicious they turned out. Just the hint of two delicious flavors alongside a beloved recipe worked like a charm! Slather them with a little butter and enjoy with a cup of tea!
Mint Tea Zucchini Muffins
Makes 12 regular-sized muffins. Prep time is 5 mins; Cook time is 20 mins.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 sachet Mint Sencha Organic Green Tea Crystals
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2/3 cup honey or agave
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 small zucchini)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Place the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir just until the ingredients are combined.
5. Pour the zucchini mixture into large or small muffins cups (We like to use a small ice cream scooper to make spooning into the muffin cups easier).
6. Bake 15 minutes for small zucchini muffins and 20 minutes for large ones.
We love photos! Share a photo of your Mint Tea Zucchini Muffins by tagging #piquetea on Instagram or Twitter.