Coffee and tea may seem like an unlikely duo, but under the right circumstances, their union is a tasty one. In honor of National Coffee Day, we teamed up with Chameleon Cold-Brew to create the perfect tea and coffee pairing. The result? A deliciously refreshing Mint Tea and Coffee Iced Latte that has all the health benefits of green tea.
Want to get the most from your tea and coffee? It’s all about the slow brew! Brewing tea using a slow brew process allows us to pull out more nutrients and antioxidants from the tea while maintaining a full-bodied flavor. You can do the same thing with coffee by using cold water instead of hot water. Slowly brewing with cold water results in a smooth, highly caffeinated and less acidic coffee.
Mint Tea and Coffee Iced Latte
- 1 sachet of Mint Sencha Tea Crystals
- 1/2 cup of Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of agave
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- 3-4 leaves of fresh mint
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Open and pour the sachet of Mint Sencha Tea Crystals into a large glass (10-12oz glass).
- Add 1/4 cup of hot water, then mix in the agave.
- Pluck a few leaves of fresh mint and add to the cup. Muddle the leaves into the hot tea.
- Add 1/2 cup of chilled Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee.
- Next add the ice and pour the almond milk over the ice.
- Grab a spoon and stir until mixed.
- Garnish with fresh mint and enjoy!
We love seeing our recipes come to life! Share your photos by tagging them with #piquemeup.